Online Master Class 07/06/22
The Perio-Endo Interface; has the tooth really had it?
Dr David Selouk & Dr Richard Horwitz
Dr Richard Horwitz qualified as a dentist from the University of Sheffield, and as a Specialist in Periodontics from UCL (Eastman Dental Institute).
He works in private practice in London lecturing nationally and internationally on the subjects of periodontics and implant dentistry.
He is a visiting lecturer at the Eastman
Dental Institute (UCL) and past Chair of the Alpha Omega Dental Society London Chapter 2019/2020.
Dr David Selouk is Partner and Director at the Harley Street Academy of Advanced Endodontics. He received his undergraduate degree from Leeds Dental Institute and completed his specialty training at the Eastman.
David maintains a cutting-edge specialist practice dedicated to saving patients’ teeth and providing endodontic teaching to GDPs. He is also an Honorary Clinical Teaching Fellow in the Department of Endodontics at the Eastman.
David was appointed Treasurer of Alpha Omega in 2021.
TIME: Online Lecture from 7.15 p.m.
Assessing prognosis for teeth can be tricky. Actually how hopeless is hopeless?
This presentation and treatment planning journey aims to help demystify the problems we may encounter in everyday practice. When should we condemn a tooth for removal, when can we expect to achieve a good response to treatment and how can we manage our patients’ expectations?
Educational Aims and Objectives
• To understand the criteria we use to assess a tooth before deciding whether to treat
or to condemn it to removal?
• To understand the criteria we need to achieve a good response to treatment
• Discuss how to manage the patient’s expectations of treatment.
• Discuss the cost effectiveness of treatments, so our patients can make an informed
decision on how to proceed.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand how to diagnose perio-endo complications.
- Be able to categorise a tooth into a prognosis criteria and advise upon or manage treatment accordingly.
- Understand the regeneration potential from endodontic and periodontal interventions both non-surgical and surgical.
GDC Development Outcome: C
- Alpha Omega Members Free, H.E.E. Foundation Dentists Free, Guests – £40.00